The Pump Drives (Hydraulic pump Drives) is a gearbox allowing the connection between a prime mover (internal combustion engine or electric motor for example) and 1 or more hydraulic pumps. Usually it is used on both stationary and mobile application where mechanical power must be converted into hydraulic power for the purpose of operating travel functions and services.
The hydraulic pumps drives gearboxes consist of a gear drive inside a CHINAMFG housing that connects to a gasoline or diesel engine. The opposite side contains 1 or more standard 2- or 4-bolt flanges for mounting hydraulic pumps. This configuration provides several benefits. For one, 2 or more identical pumps can be connected to provide nearly identical hydraulic output flow from each. Or different sized pumps can be used provide output flow proportional to the displacement of each pump.These gearboxes not only saves space and weight but also eliminates the number of components and reduces assembly time for the whole machinery. Our modular pump drives could allow driving 2 to 4 pumps simultaneously. This not only offers design flexibility, but can boost system efficiency as well.
|Model||2 pumps drive||3 pumps drive||4 pumps drive|
|Max. Input power (KW)||190||400||530||700||280||400||530||700||530||700|
|Max. Output power per pump pad (KW)||110||210||270||360||150||210||270||360||270||330|
|Max. Output torque per pump pad (Nm)||400||900||1500||1900||800||900||1500||1900||1500||1800|
|Max. Input speed (RPM)||2800||2600||2600||2400||2800||2600||2600||2400||2600||2400|
|Max. Output speed (RPM)||3200||2800||2800||2700||3200||2800||2800||2700||2800||2700|
|Mount size of Prime mover||SAE #3 #4 etc.||SAE #2 #3 etc.||SAE #1 #2 #3 etc.||SAE #0 #1 #2 etc.||SAE #3 #4 etc.||SAE #2 #3 etc.||SAE #1 #2 #3 etc.||SAE #0 #1 #2 etc.||SAE #1 #2 #3 etc.||SAE #1 #2 etc.|
|Port size of Single pump||SAE A,B,C flange etc.||SAE A,B,C,D flange etc.||SAE B,C,D,E flange etc.||SAE C,D,E flange etc.||SAE A,B,C flange etc.||SAE A,B,C,D flange etc.||SAE B,C,D,E flange etc.||SAE C,D,E flange etc.||SAE B,C,D,E flange etc.||SAE B C,D flange etc.|
|Housing material||Cast iron||Cast iron||Cast iron||Cast iron||Cast iron||Cast iron||Cast iron||Cast iron||Cast iron||Cast iron|
|Application:||Machinery, Agricultural Machinery|
|Function:||Distribution Power, Speed Changing, Speed Reduction, Speed Increase|
|Type:||Cylindrical Gear Box|
|Output Power Kw:||110-330|
|Housing Material:||Cast Iron|
Case Studies: Successful Implementations of Agricultural Gearboxes
Several case studies highlight the successful integration of agricultural gearboxes in farming machinery:
- Case Study 1: Tractor Versatility
A farm in the Midwest implemented tractors equipped with adjustable gearboxes. The gearboxes allowed the tractors to seamlessly switch between plowing, planting, and harvesting tasks. The ability to customize speed and torque ratios improved efficiency and reduced the need for multiple machines.
- Case Study 2: Orchard Management
An orchard in California utilized specialized gearboxes in its mechanized harvesters. These gearboxes facilitated controlled movement and precise positioning of the harvesters among trees. The adaptability of the gearboxes enabled the harvesters to navigate the orchard’s uneven terrain while minimizing damage to trees and fruit.
- Case Study 3: Precision Planting
A farm in Europe integrated precision planting machinery with gearboxes that offered adjustable gear ratios. This allowed for precise control over seed placement and depth. The gearboxes played a vital role in achieving uniform crop emergence and optimizing seed-to-soil contact.
- Case Study 4: Multi-Tasking Implements
A farming cooperative in Australia utilized multi-tasking implements equipped with versatile gearboxes. These implements could seamlessly switch between tasks such as plowing, harrowing, and fertilizing. The gearboxes’ ability to manage torque and speed ratios ensured optimal performance across various tasks.
- Case Study 5: Soil Conservation
A farm in Africa adopted gearboxes in its soil conservation practices. By attaching specialized implements with adjustable gearboxes to their tractors, the farm effectively controlled soil erosion and improved water infiltration rates. The gearboxes allowed for precise adjustments based on soil type and slope.
These case studies illustrate the impactful role of agricultural gearboxes in enhancing efficiency, versatility, and productivity across a spectrum of farming applications.
Types of Farming Equipment Incorporating Agricultural Gearboxes
Agricultural gearboxes play a vital role in various farming equipment, enhancing their efficiency and enabling them to perform essential tasks. Here are some types of farming equipment that commonly incorporate agricultural gearboxes:
- Tractors: Agricultural gearboxes are integral components of tractors, contributing to power transmission from the engine to various attachments such as plows, harrows, and mowers.
- Harvesters: Harvesters, used to gather crops like grains, fruits, and vegetables, utilize gearboxes to drive conveyor systems and separators, ensuring smooth and efficient harvesting operations.
- Planters and Seeders: Planters and seeders rely on gearboxes to precisely distribute seeds and fertilizers while maintaining the desired planting depth.
- Sprayers: Agricultural gearboxes are used in sprayers to drive pumps that distribute pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers over fields.
- Hay Balers: Gearboxes are essential in hay balers for compacting and forming bales of hay, enabling easy storage and transportation.
- Manure Spreaders: Manure spreaders incorporate gearboxes to distribute and spread fertilizers and compost evenly across fields.
- Grain Augers: Grain augers, used for loading and unloading grains, feature gearboxes to drive the rotating screw mechanism that lifts and transfers grains.
- Cultivators: Cultivators use gearboxes to drive rotating tines or blades that loosen and prepare the soil for planting.
- Rotary Cutters: Rotary cutters, often attached to tractors, utilize gearboxes to power the spinning blades used for cutting tall grass, weeds, and brush.
- Threshers: Threshers, employed for separating grains from their husks or stalks, incorporate gearboxes to drive the threshing mechanisms.
These examples demonstrate the diverse applications of agricultural gearboxes across a wide range of farming equipment. By providing reliable power transmission and control, agricultural gearboxes contribute significantly to the productivity and efficiency of modern agricultural practices.
Contribution of Agricultural Gearboxes to Tractor Functionality
An agricultural gearbox is a vital component of a tractor’s powertrain system, playing a pivotal role in enabling the tractor to perform a wide range of tasks on the farm. The functionality of tractors heavily relies on the proper operation of their gearboxes, which facilitate various essential functions:
- Power Transmission: Tractors are required to deliver substantial power and torque to perform tasks like plowing, tilling, and hauling. Agricultural gearboxes transmit power from the tractor’s engine to its wheels or other implement attachments, enabling efficient power delivery to the ground.
- Speed Control: Different agricultural tasks demand different speeds. Gearboxes allow operators to control the speed of the tractor to match the requirements of the task at hand. Whether it’s slow-speed operations like tilling or high-speed transport, the gearbox provides the necessary speed adjustments.
- Implement Attachment: Tractors are often used with a variety of implements, such as plows, harrows, and mowers. The gearbox facilitates the connection and operation of these implements by transmitting power and torque from the tractor’s engine to the implement’s working components.
- Directional Changes: Agricultural gearboxes enable tractors to change direction smoothly. They provide the necessary gearing arrangements to reverse the tractor’s movement, making it easy to maneuver around the farm, fields, and obstacles.
- Adaptation to Terrain: Agricultural gearboxes help tractors adapt to different terrains and soil conditions. By adjusting the gear ratio, tractors can optimize their performance for tasks like climbing slopes, working on uneven ground, or pulling heavy loads.
Modern agricultural gearboxes are designed for durability and reliability in the demanding farming environment. They are often equipped with features like multiple gears, synchronization mechanisms, and efficient lubrication systems to enhance their performance and longevity.
Regular maintenance and periodic checks are essential to keep the agricultural gearbox in optimal condition. Proper lubrication, gear inspection, and addressing any signs of wear or damage contribute to the longevity and consistent performance of the gearbox, thus ensuring the tractor’s functionality throughout the farming seasons.
editor by CX 2023-09-18